Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why the hell not

[cracks knuckles, punches kitty]

All right, let's give this whole bloggin' thing another try. (See what I did there, I called "blogging" bloggin'. I just hit the ground running every time. First out of the gate and all that jazz.)


So this is The Essential Dialogues of Play-Doh. I see you've caught the Plato reference. Well done.


That's important as I'm not comparing myself to Plato. Far from it. I'm comparing myself to that salty, sculpting wonder-substance that so many children get filthy with their dirty little fingers...


OK, let me start again. I'm like Play-Doh in the sense that if you leave me out of my case for too long, I dry up and become worthless. Then you throw me in the trash and buy more at the...


This is bad for everyone involved. 

Well, I thought there was something to the name when I created the blog. Apparently there's not.


But it exists, and right now, I'm coming off a week-long battle with some random sickness and do not care about better names. My expert interweb research skills have indicated it was probably strep. Fuck strep.

I have heartburn, because I just ate half a French loaf, and for some reason that's a side effect of this sickness. Just thought I'd add that, because when you start to get really uncomfortable reading this blog (if it hasn't happened already), at least you'll have the solace that comes from knowing I'm not feeling so great myself right now. 


So there's that.


And there's this:


I've been in Utah now for one year, one month, ten days. I've been in Salt Lake City since September. I'll have a post later this week on all my transpirings in Mormon-town over the last year.


Because I know you must have more on that subject now, this is an interpretive artist's rendition of life in Salt Lake City:


[salt]


[lake]

Until then, I must regain strength so I can anchor a perfectly mediocre team during Pub Quiz tomorrow. Soon, we shall rise above the shackles of weekly-18th-place play* and win it all. It is destined.



Oh yeah...I'm Jared. This is my blog. 


Here's a little bit about me: I'm a male human, pushing 30, and I like overly warm rooms.



Why do I like overly warm rooms?

Fuck you. That's why.

Awesome, guys. I'm glad we're off to a great start. I can already tell this is going to be fun.

[fun]

*Last week, we were so consistent with our 18th-place play that we were in 18th place after round 3 when they tally the scores, round 7 when they tally the scores, and round 8 when they tally the scores. Strong, consistent, mediocre play. So there's that.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ooooh, im the first to post. that makes me cool, or a loser, not sure.

I like the post but I think my favorite thing about it is the picture of the cat and the ducks. It distracted me from everything else :)

Rebecca said...

Are you going to post again?
~Becca